It is serious, don’t take this as a joke, if you have had a flu or common cold or similar fever, you know you feel terrible and destroyed your quality of life, so it’s best to avoid prevent getting one, here is how, it’s a generic guideline to help you.
Protect yourself and others this flu season:
• Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
• If you are sick with flu-like illness, the CCD recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
• While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.